Thursday, January 10, 2013

There will be sweat - Nike Training Club

On Wednesday I decided to try out one of the fitness classes at my local 24 Hour Fitness and I am so glad I did.

The class was Nike Training Club and it was intense. I guarantee if you take this class you will get a great workout and sweat more than you thought you could. 



I had no idea what I was in for. I was sitting on a mat quietly waiting for the class to start when the instructor struts in, a body building way to energetic for this time of night man, yelling "Are you ready NTC?" My first thought was "Oh Shit this man is going to kick my ass!" and yes he did! 

His motto was "Never stop moving" and if you even thought about stopping he was right there to let you know he was watching.  

The class was similar to another 24 hour class called Body Pump, a combination of aerobics and weights but this was much faster, more aerobic and used hand weights instead of barbells. 

Was it tough? Yes
Was it fast? Yes
Was I able to keep my bodacious booty moving for the entire class? Yes! 
OK I have to admit that after the first 5 minutes I had to modify most of the exercises but I did keep moving, I didn't stop, and I made it through the entire hour even though I thought I might collapse at any time.  And damn it if I didn't feel good afterward.  

The class was fast paced and energetic you did an exercise for about 1 minute than changed it up.  The instructor took the time to show the class how to modify each exercise and kept us energized and pumped. 

I left the class feeling as if I had lost one pants size, no literally my pants were falling down, I had to hold them up as I walked out. 

Nike Training Club even has free apps for the iPhone and Android I have not personally used them but thought you might like to know.  I also found Nike Training Club videos on youtube. 


Disclaimer: At the time of this posting I have not received any compensation for this review from 24 Hour Fitness or Nike Training Club. I doubt the even know who I am, I just enjoyed that class and wanted to share the information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment